Monday, May 11, 2009

Thinking

Things are different now than then. Time used to be linear and took longer. What you saw was real or at least close to the saying, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half what you see." Now what you see may be edited in many ways. This is especially true during the NBA games. With highlights from the past, replays from 5 camera angles, comments from announcers, etc. Dad is getting really confused. "How come they made five baskets and only got credit for one?"

All the same he will ask me for a name and when I give it to him he will accept it or not until I come up with the one he was thinking about. And he is still surprised and thrilled when the Celtics get lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Irish luck kind of comes with being a Celtic! Real pity Garnett is hurt or they'd give the Cavs a run in the East. As is, I think Orlando probably beats them in 7. You read it here first.

    ReplyDelete