According to my latest reading we take in information and then rearrange the data to fit our own brain. Memory is then triggered or forgotten or rearranged to suit our changing understanding of who we are. Therefore we all remember differently.
Bill C. is the head of our local artist' group. He was the paper boy for Stinard Ave. in Syracuse in 1965. Joe Biden lived on Stinard then while he was going to law school at SU. Mrs. Biden taught at Bellevue school where Bill C. was a student. (The VP, Hubert Humphrey, spoke at my SU graduation in 1965.)
My recollection of that year is a red Triumph spitfire that I drove to North Syracuse to teach 6th grade. We rented the upstairs to a small house that had a steep driveway. I would stop at the corner and Pat would come out in the winter to push the car up the slope for the night.
Pat described in detail the apartment, our first. The furniture, floorplan, colors, etc. I remember none of this even after she told me. She says I drove her to the hospital to work and she would take two buses home.
I asked Dad what he recalls about that time. I even tried to trigger a few thoughts, but nothing came of it.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment