It is that time of year again. Dad makes a list of about 30 people to notify of the impending open house. Then he decides that he does not want to do it. I often walk in on Brenda on a Friday evening writing a new list while he dictates. Stupid me asked why she doesn't keep one instead of doing it each week anew. The reason is that he enjoys doing it.
Add to the discussion that Andy Merrill has a birthday a few days from Dad's. His wife, Heather's birthday is the same as mine. So lets surprise them. And there is no one left to come (60+ people last year). At which time we list all those who have died since last year. And then there are the free loading, beer drinking crowd who happen to be my friends. I told him someone has to be the black sheep, sinner in the family and I have been in training for years and I think I am doing very well in my role. Plus he tires easily so what will be our time limits. And on and on goes the same discussion that we had last year and probably will have next.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment