Sunday, February 22, 2009

Connections

Not all of them are fun like having Pat as President. This morning at 2:30 the connections had him on fire and he just had to wash the itch away. Then he had to dry. Then he had to powder. And I am positive that the same brain that made Pat our leader, made him think he was itching. I let him do his thing for about 30 minutes before I made him quit.

He got up in a bad mood and has done his best to keep it all day. It almost seems like he was trying to be at his most miserable terrible two year old. He took his gloves but refused to wear them. He swore in the restaurant at breakfast. I told him to behave or we were leaving and he said go ahead he would walk home. There was no one else there that he knew. The egg was overcooked. The coffee cold.

He said the thermostat needed to be turned up. I turned on the heating pad and put it in his lap. He left it on and threw it on the floor.

An NBA game was on. So he sat in a chair in the corner where he could not see the TV.

He made himself a jam sandwich and let the jam run on the rug. The kitchen looked like a two year old had made himself at home.

He was preparing to sit on his walker to watch the snow, but the walker was turned the wrong way. When I stopped him the swearing started again.

His memory does not seem too sharp today either. How can yesterday be so good and today so miserable. I say it is the brain connections. That helps me explain things to myself but does not take away my feeling of wanting to slap my two year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment